Awesome Amazon Deals

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Real meals for $1 a person? Yes! It is possible!

So tonight at dinner, my boyfriend asked me how much dinner cost. When I told him, he sat back, blew out a long breath, and said "You should blog about that."

Plain and simple: dinner was delicious, healthy, and cheap. So what was it? Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, buttered brussels sprouts, biscuits, and herbed garden vegetables. I fed two adults and two children for $4. Oh yea - and I was able to cook dinner in under 20 minutes.  Funny thing is -- we eat like that all the time. So how do I do it?


Simple!

First, the Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage was on sale for $1.95. The buttered brussels sprouts and herbed garden vegetables were 10 for $10 & 11th free at Meijer - making them 90 cents each.  The biscuits were a simple homemade recipe easily costing no more than a quarter.  See, that is the ticket - watching out for sales and stocking up when you can. From my grocery shopping last week I have a save $3 coupon. Meijer recently added a save $2 coupon to my MPerks card - so the 1st $5 I spend on my next shopping trip will be free.  And so goes my usual shopping trips. Whether or not you choose Meijer to shop is not important. What is important is finding an affordable grocery - and if possible one with a customer card and a major plus is one that doubles/triples coupons.
 

You can easily do this too!

A little planning can save you BIG! On average I save about 1/3 with coupons and in-store deals.  What could you do with an extra $84.84?

2 comments:

  1. We don't have that grocery store where I live in Tennessee. I do have a Kroger near my work, and they have those 10 for $10 sales on different items each week. I like reading your blog. It's a lot of info. I send some of them to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Theresa
    Kroger is an excellent place as well. They have a very good coupon policy as well. I am glad you enjoy the blog! If you have any requests, let me know

    ReplyDelete